Bible is a great source to understand the subject of love and Bible love verses have great lessons in store for all of us. So inculcate the teachings of the Bible verses in your love life and nurture your relationship with the divine ideas of love. The Bible verses about love have great values which should be followed by all the human beings and made an integral part of our lives. The Bible quotes of love inspire us to be ethical and virtuous.
The Bible love verses speak about the romantic love, brotherly love and divine love which forms a part of our lives. Indoctrinate these Bible verses about love in your day to day life and have blessings from God. These passages about love also provide guidance for relationships, marriage, children, family and behaviour towards others. The scriptures from the holy Bible about love will enlighten your soul and inspire you to rise above the materialism of the world.
Although the Bible is written ‘for us’ and every time one reads it, the Bible love verses make us feel better. But you must not limit the purpose of the Bible verses about love to get you through the day. The scripture must become a part and parcel of your life and you must apply the message of the Holy Bible in your daily routine. But before seeking the application of the Bible Verses about love in your life, you should try to understand the scripture in its original context to make the most out of it.
Here is a short collection of inspirational Bible verses about love compiled from the many scriptures. Explore the various facets and meanings of love from the treasure trove of God with the Bible love verses in the next segment.
Bible Love Verses
- John 13:34-35 ESV A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. (35) By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.
- 1 John 3:23-24 ESV And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us. (24) Whoever keeps his commandments abides in him, and he in them. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.
- 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant (5) or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; (6) it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. (7) Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
- Romans 12:9-10 ESV Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. (10) Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.
- Matthew 5:43-44 ESV “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbour and hate your enemy.’ (44) But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.
- Ephesians 4:1-3 ESV I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, (2) with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, (3) eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- Romans 13:8 ESV Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law.
- 1 John 3:10-11 ESV By this it is evident who the children of God are, and who are the children of the devil: whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is the one who does not love his brother. (11) For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
- 1 John 4:18 there is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
- 1 John 4:7 Dear Friends let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
- Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
- Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.